Cheese balls have been a standard for years. If you’re just discovering them, try it out for friends or your family and make these Vegan Cheese Balls with Garlicky Green Parma! This recipe like others is simple to prepare, have your ingredients ready and it will be like a fun and tasty arts & crafts time. Garnish your way and enjoy!
1 cup Raw Cashews (150g) Soaked in hot water for 1 hour
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
½ Tbsp White miso paste
¼ cup Garlicky Green Parma!, plus another ¼ cup for coating the cheese ball
1 Clove Garlic Crushed – optional if you like extra garlic
1 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil Chopped
4 ounces vegan cream cheese (1/2 of a 8 ounce container) (recipe for dairy-free cream cheese)
- Place the raw cashews into a bowl and pour over boiling hot water from the kettle. Leave them to soak for an hour.
- Drain the cashews and add them along with the lemon juice, miso paste, crushed garlic and water add to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour that mixture into a food processor and add the Parma! and cream cheese and process until smooth.
- Add the chopped basil and pulse a few times.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap and spoon the mixture into the bowl. Twist the plastic wrap to seal it, creating a ball shape.
- Place the bowl with the cheese ball in the refrigerator and chill for 4-6 hours, or overnight. The cheese will harden considerably in this time.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the cheese ball and roll it gently in the other ¼ cup Garlicky Green Parma! until coated.
- Serve with crackers, veggies – carrot sticks, celery or cucumbers work well. Enjoy!
- The cheese ball will stay firm for a few hours at room temperature, but try not to leave it out for longer than that. Return it the refrigerator and cover with plastic wrap to save. Leftover cheese will last 4-5 days.
Shop your favorite Parma!
Note* If you can’t find vegan cream cheese or don’t prefer to make it, simply omit it. It adds extra creaminess and a slight tang to the cheese, but this isn’t a critical ingredient.