Amber @waistlessfoods create this delectable meatless spaghetti sauce, using…you know it; Parma! vegan parmesan. she writes:
Hi Parma! So glad you enjoyed my photo and recipe! Parma! literally makes all the difference in the world when it comes to this dish, it enhances the flavor so much ☺️by Amber of Waistless Foods
Spaghetti or pasta of choice
2 C walnuts, raw, whole
½ pint (8 oz) mushrooms, whole or sliced
3 fresh carrots, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
1/4 C fresh parsley, minced
1/4 C grapeseed oil
2 cans (14-16 oz) tomato sauce
1/4 C tomato paste
2-3 C water
1 T chili flakes (crushed red pepper)
2T dry basil spice
2T brown sugar
½ C Parma! Vegan Parmesan
- Soak walnuts overnight or cook with a pressure cooker for 20 minutes. Strain before using. (Can probably cook on the stove in pot on low heat until tender.)
- 1 cup at a time, process walnuts in a food processor until they have a crumbly consistency. Do not over-process. Remove walnuts and set aside. Process mushrooms in the same way, until they have a crumbly consistency; should resemble ground meat. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, add your grapeseed oil and heat on medium – high. Sauté carrots, onions, bell pepper, and celery, stirring occasionally until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 2–3 minutes. Add your walnut and mushroom mixture and stir until blended.
- To the pot, add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water. Mix thoroughly and allow ingredients to Mary for five minutes or so. Stir occasionally.
- Add chili flakes, basil, brown sugar, and Parma! Vegan Parmesan. Season to taste using salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, and Cajun seasonings. (I like Tony Chachere). Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Top with Parma! vegan parmesan, and parsley as garnish. Enjoy!