These tasty rollups will become one of your ‘go-to’ lunches. Sun-dried tomato and basil pinwheels are quick to make, easy to store — take them on your next outing.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pinwheels was Inspired by Minimalist Baker
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (we used Miyoko’s brand)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water, then chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped/grated
- 1 cup yellow squash, grated
- (substitute any veggies you have available)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Parma! (any flavor will work)
- a small bunch of basil, chopped
- 1 large flour tortilla
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add vegan cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, cabbage, yellow squash (or whatever vegies you have), garlic, Parma! – mix thoroughly to combine.
- Taste and ask yourself – is it salty enough? Adjust accordingly; taste again and ask…is it sour enough? Repeat for sweet, bitter, umami (more Parma!?)
- Take about ½ the filling and spread onto your tortilla in an even layer all the way to the edge, leaving one edge bare so the tortilla can stick to itself.
- Tightly roll up tortillas from one end to another, starting from the end with basil all the way to the edge, working toward the end that’s slightly bare.
- Use a serrated knife to gently cut tortillas into ½ inch slices, you might have 10 – 11 slices.
- Pack in your lunch container. Add some apple slices and a couple almonds for a satisfying and yummy lunch.