- Cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Various veggies, for example:
- 2 C mixed greens
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 -4 yellow or red potatoes, cleaned and diced
- 1/2 C shredded purple cabbage
- Avocado, pitted and sliced
- Parma! Kale Chips
- Zucchini – shredded and lightly sautéed
- 1 pack firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 TBL oil of choice
Marinade for tofu and potatoes:
- 2-4 TBL tamari or soy sauce
- Juice from one orange juice
- chili flakes (optional)
- 1 TBL rice vinegar
- 1 TBL toasted sesame oil
Parma! Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup tahini or any nut butter you have on hand
- 1/4 cup Parma!
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 inch to 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 TBL maple syrup or agave
- 1 TBL apple cider vinegar
- 4 TBL water
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Boil water in a pot and add the potatoes and let them cook until al dente (cooked to slightly firm to bite, almost ready to eat) about 10 minutes.
- For the tofu – first press the tofu. I usually wrap it in a cotton hand towel and put it between two plates with a big heavy bowl on top with a bag of rice in it. Let press for 15-20 minutes, then cut the pressed tofu into cubes. You can youtube other ways to prepare it.
- Blend Parma! Sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the tablespoon of oil. When hot, add the cubed tofu. Let fry on med-low heat until the bottom is light golden, then gently ease the spatula under the tofu and flip.
- Let it cook on at least three sides, then add the marinade and toss to coat. Let the marinade simmer and reduce, glazing the tofu.
- Strain the potatoes.
- After about 5 minutes of tofu glazing, add the potatoes and stir to coat the potatoes.
- Once the tofu is lightly caramelized, golden crispy, remove from the heat. (About 10 minutes total.)
- In a personal serving bowl pile the ingredients to build your bowl:
- Drizzle the Parma! Sauce on top. Enjoy!
– rice or quinoa, mixed greens, carrots, sweet pepper, cubed potato, purple cabbage, avocado, tofu, Parma! Kale chips.