These tasty curried jalapeño poppers are a friend’s favorite. They say that when traveling they would always look and try any japaleño poppers on the menu. After years of experiencing a variety from fair to horrible they started experimenting on their own to create their special flavor! Some days it’s a “what’s available” in the fridge and not as intentional. So go ‘free styling’ and use this as a guide and not the end-all for your recipe.
Hint: The icing on the popper is the Parma! taste you choose.
10-12 Medium to medium-large jalapeños
8 oz. Veggie cream cheese – use your favorite or try this one
1 tsp, Yellow curry
3/4 c. Cheddar shredded
1/4 c. Gluten Free Panko bread crumbs
1/4 c. Cilantro chopped
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (some options for gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean your poppers! This can be a challenge to keep the jalapeño spice away from your fingers or on your face and eyes. If you have surgical type of gloves it can be helpful to wear them. Cut jalapeños in half from top to bottom, use a spoon to clean out the inside membrane and any seeds and discard. Place on cookie sheet ready for stuffing.
- Mix cream cheese, shredded cheddar, worcestershire sauce, parma! in bowl until blended.
- Use spoon to fill each jalapeño half. Pay attention to not overfill – bring filling to edge.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until filling starts to brown on top.
- Remove let cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle Parma! and cilantro on top. Arrange on a platter — share and enjoy!