This spread is creamy and tangy, and hits the spot. Great on bagels and in wraps.
- Food Processor
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked in water hot water for an hour OR for several hours in room temperature water or overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup diced sweet bell pepper any color
- 2 tablespoons diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Be sure your cashews have soaked for several hours, or ideally, overnight. The longer they soak, the creamier your cream cheese will be. After soaking, drain and rinse the cashews.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the soaked cashews, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika, if using. Start to process to break up the cashews. You’ll need to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides frequently to keep the mixture moving. Add the water 1 tbsp at a time until it comes together into a smooth spread. Be patient as this could take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once it’s smooth, transfer to a mixing bowl and add the carrots, red pepper, green onion, parsley, and dill. Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt or a tiny splash of vinegar or lemon juice, if necessary.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in the fridge. It will set up and thicken slightly as it sits in the fridge and gets cold. You could eat it right away, but it’s better cold.
- Feel free to add any flavor of PARMA!!!