National Dairy Month is a time for vegans all over to celebrate the fact that there are so many alternatives for classic dairy favorites. This vegan mac n cheese recipe offers all of the richness of traditional mac n cheese using all plant-based products. It is sure to satisfy. You will want to have this recipe in your go-to comfort food recipe book. Add steamed broccoli for some added veggie goodness, or spice it up with Parma! Chipotle Cayenne sprinkled on top.
- 4-5 cups cooked veggie spiral noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or avocado oil
- ½ small yellow onion – chopped
- 2 pinches of salt
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1 small potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tablespoons oat milk (optional)
- ¼ cup Parma! Garlicky Green Flavor
- In a small sauce pan saute the onion in the oil until translucent – about 3-5 minutes add the salt while sauteeing.
- Stir in the carrots and shredded potato cook another minute and then add the hot water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes – or until the carrots are tender.
- Blend veggie mixture in a food processor or blender for 2 minutes.
- Taste and add oat milk or other plant-based milk to adjust for texture and add a little creaminess.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Add Parma! Garlicky Green and blend one more minute.
- Pour hot mixture over cooked spirals, stir and serve.