Wondering what else you can do to boost and maintain your healthy lifestyle? Eat more greens!
Recently, I was inspired by a video by Dr. Esselstyn who directs the cardiovascular prevention and reversal program at The Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute and serves on the Board of Directors of The Plantrician Project. Dr. Esselstyn gets down to the nitty gritty about how greens can keep us healthy. Enjoy this recipe which will add some nutrient-dense, vegan superfood sizzle to your greens.
Sizzle Your Kale with Better Than Bacon Vegan Superfood
This kale recipe with the award winning Better Than Bacon Parma! really sizzles in the kitchen and is quick, easy and packed with delicious nutrients. Enjoy – Shannon – Parma Mama
- Kale – 3 or 4 stalks – washed, stripped off the stalk and chopped small.
- ½ – 1 tsp – Oil of choice – avocado oil or ½ an avocado.
- 1 – 2 tsp Better Than Bacon Parma!
- 1 tsp – balsamic vinegar (shown to help the nitric oxide do it’s thing)
- 1/4 carrot – shredded or micro-planed
- 1 – 2 golden potatoes – boiled for 20 minutes or until a fork easily goes in to it.
- Boil the kale for 5 minutes or steam it for 5 – 10 minutes depending on how you like the texture.
- Strain and plate the kale.
- Add the oil/avocado and Better Than Bacon Parma!
- Mix well. Enjoy!
- Optional: Add balsamic vinegar, carrot, potatoes – mash and mix well. Enjoy!